Sunday, March 9, 2014

Google Me!

Google Me!

   
Nic coaching the deadlift 
THE FACT IS every place: will tell you that they're the best;  that they're different(better) and that they will get you great results.  So as a person looking for a place to train I can understand how differentiating which facility is truly "the best" seems almost impossible.  The purpose of this blog is to educate you as to why you shouldn't listen to people when they say these things but look at what they have done instead.  

     GOOGLE ME!  It's such a simple and basic task.  Whenever I want to find out something about someone I just google them.  It doesn't give the whole picture, but it tells me enough to know if I need to look further.  When you Google our owner "JL Holdsworth, strength coach", you get pages upon pages of results for things he has done over the years as a strength coach.  Even when you Google our director of Strength & Conditioning Nic Bronkall, you get several pages of things he has done as a strength coach.  I could go on but the point is if you Google just our owner, no less our whole staff, you are going to get more results than you know what to do with in regards to strength and conditioning.  The reason is because we are the best, what we do is the next level of training, and our results are what set us apart.  This stuff isn't true because I say it, it's true because you can Google it.  

     GOOGLE THEM!  Although I don't worry myself about what our competition is doing, as I believe we have none, I do hear from clients what other facilities are saying and doing.  When I hear of one of these places claiming to know how to train athletes I start off by Googling the person in charge of the program.  The funny thing is I can only find results for their website, Facebook, twitter and Linked in accounts.  I can very rarely find anything that they have ever done in strength coaching or as a strength athlete themselves.  This boggles my mind because it seems so simple that a parent or potential client would Google the person in charge of a program but instead clients just take the persons word, on their website, that they know what they are doing.  If someone claims to have been in this field for 10 years and you can't find what  they have contributed to it by Googling them, you are not working with a quality strength coach.  
JL squatting w/chains

     Anyone can make a fancy website, anyone can say they are the best, anyone can say they get results, but not everyone can say: "GOOGLE ME to prove they are the best at what they do".  So next time a friend of yours says they have "the best" strength coach, have them Google it and then see if they still think their strength coach is the best.  I bet they will have a much different opinion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment