Friday, June 28, 2013

Save Olympic Wrestling

BergmanPostWhy save Olympic Wrestling?


 

In high school my wrestling coach, Bruce Miller, taught me more about life inside the walls of that wrestling room than most kids learn in their whole life.  This is where I learned discipline, respect and responsibility.  The wrestling room is where I learned what it took to be a man.  The Olympics started to show which village had the most discipline, responsibility, and respect for their bodies.  The Olympics started with wrestling.  To take Wrestling out of the Olympics is to take the spirit of the games.  To me, if they do truly remove wrestling from the Olympics then I pledge to never watch any Olympic sport ever again.  Wrestling may not be the flashiest Olympic sport, like skateboarding, but it is the heart and soul of what the Olympics is about.  If you take the heart and soul out of a person then you have nothing but an empty shell left and to me, if they take out Wrestling, then the Olympics is just an empty shell that I never want any part of again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment