Friday, March 29, 2013

My 2yr old daughter trains harder than you!

AveryCheck out my 2 year old daughter killing it in the weight room today.  At The Spot we deal with a lot of young female athletes but number one in my heart is my little Avery.  My 2yr old daughter loves to train.  If we go to The Spot Athletics to train without her she cries.  I hear many parents say that they don't want their kids weight training until they are 15, but the American Medical Association & American Pediatrics Association both recommend children to be weight training from as early as 5 years old.  Studies show that motor patterns are best developed from 3-9 years old, and I want my daughter to excel in sports.  It makes no sense to give kids no training and throw them in competitive contact sports.  These sports are so hard on the body and yet parents choose not to get their kids ready for the sport with training.  Training is a controlled environment and competition is not, which is why so many injuries occur in sporting competition.  I want my daughter to be prepared when she starts competitive sports and training is the best way to get her body ready.  Ask any parent if they would strap on football pads and go play today and they will say you are crazy.  But then they will say maybe if I trained hard for it first.  So what kind of logic is it for a parent to throw their kid into these sports and deny them the same training they say they would need to even try the same sport.  Yeah, and I'm crazy for preparing kids properly so they can excel and not get injured in their chosen sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment